Violet UVC 275nm LED Module 3.5mW USB-C 30x30mm 5V
Affordable and easy to install UVC solution for the practical implementation of disinfection projects
Our compact disinfection module measures only 30 x 30 mm and is equipped with 275 nm UVC LED. The module is easy to use by plug and plug connection to a 5 V power supply with USB-C output. Both fixed and mobile UVC application are easily possible.
For example, the square module can be operated from a notebook, a power bank or a mobile phone charger. This allows a multitude of applications:
- Compact disinfection systems modules for objects or hot spot areas
- Experimental prototypes for research purposes
- Exploratory sample constructions to provide an insight into the field of application
- DIY projects for personalized disinfection
Up to 5 modules can be connected to each other, if the power is provided via the USB-C port of the module. If the power is supplied via the plug& play cable terminals, a greater number of modules can be combined, depending on the capacity of the power supply unit. They can either be arranged in a line or in other forms. The blue status LED, which lights up as soon as the UV LED is active, ensures safe operation.
With the UVC solution, everyday objects can be transformed into sterilizing devices!
An effective disinfection unit can be created from an ordinary wooden or plastic storage box. The modules are distributed inside the closed interior - attached with adhesive pads. An even distribution of UV rays is supported by reflective material (such as aluminum foil). The object can be placed in the center of the box on a grid shelf.
Not all items can be packed into a box, so a mobile hand lamp, for example, can help. With a linear arrangement of the UVC modules on a carrier, fed by a power bank, disinfection can be achieved on various surfaces; such as door handles, clothing or laptops. This allows cleaning without chemicals even on sensitive surfaces.
A mini air purifier can be realized in combination with a fan and HEPA filter. The air flow is directed through the HEPA filter in a completely sealed "tunnel" and then irradiated with UVC rays. Here too, a reflective material can support the disinfecting effect.
Features of the USB UVC module
- UVC light, wavelength: 275 nm
- Radiant power typical: 3.5 mW
- 5 V operationg voltage, for 95 mA per module (0.5W per module)
- Easy operation directly on a USB power supply (USB-A to USB-C cable necessary)
- Easy mounting with adhesive tape
- Simple connection of several modules (up to 5 pieces when supplied via the USB-C connection)
- Safety through status LED
- Plug and play connection terminals
- RoHS compliant
- Made in Germany
- 9000 hours typical operation time
- The article is a UVC module which can be used for the disinfection of surfaces. It emits at a wavelength of 275 nm which is not visible to the human eye.
- It is imperative to ensure that users wear suitable protective clothing against UV radiation. All skin and eye contact must be avoided.
- We recommend the use of the following protective agents:
- Safety goggles
- Face Shield
- Protective clothing that shields UV light from the skin
- Always wear protective clothing during use and make sure that no other persons are within reach of the radiation source without appropriate safety precautions.
- Light can reflect, so special precautions need to be taken with reflective surfaces (e.g. mirrors).
- Exposure of skin tissue to the light source can cause skin irritation comparable to sunburn. If necessary, treat the affected areas with a suitable cream or consult a doctor.
- Low-wave UV light can cause permanent damage to the retina in serious cases. AT ALL TIMES make sure to wear protective goggles at all times during use.